The deadline for the 2nd and final call of Building Global Innovators's 7th Edition is almost here , June 5th , 23h59 GMT.
Building Global Innovators (BGI) is a transnational accelerator directed at aspiring entrepreneurs and tech-based startups and/or spin-outs (max. 5 years old), working on a technology based solution to a global problem. BGI is powered by the unique collaboration of the University Institute of Lisbon (ISCTE), the MIT Portugal Program, Deshpande Center for Technological Innovation, and the Martin Trust Center for Entrepreneurship.
The accelerator invites ambitious entrepreneurs to apply in one of the four areas:
- Medical Devices & Health
- IT, Smart Cities & Industry 4.0 solutions
- Enterprise IT & Smart Data
- Water Economy
Over the last 6 years, BGI has grown to become one of the 100 leaders in accelerating the companies of tomorrow, by HotTopics 2015. You can check here our portfolio ventures.
What’s in it for You?
- BGI will accept up to 16 ventures per edition (average over last 6 years: 19 / batch)
- In-kind support valuated at €1 million: a structured 9-month program with over 1,150 hours of expert mentorship & business developmentper team
- Acceleration bootcamps at IUL/Lisbon (all teams) and MIT/Boston (selected teams)
- Continued alumni support for up to 5 years upon graduation
- 100.000€ venture capital investment for the most promising venture will be awarded by our financial sponsor, Caixa Capital
- International exposure to the la crème de la crème members of the global entrepreneurial and innovation community.
- Up to date, 52% of accelerated companies got financed within 18 months. BGI Alumni ventures have raised over 77 Mio Euro in financing (69% from venture capital), created 450 high tech jobs and over 14 Mio Euro in revenues.