PGC meets to approve the MPP 2023 activity plan
Every year, the Program Governing Committee (PGC) meets to oversight MPP’s overall objectives, approve the annual plan, and budget allocation for the proposed activities. This year the meeting took place at the FCT headquarters, with some attendants connecting remotely.
The PGC is chaired by the President of the Portuguese Foundation of Science and Technology (FCT), Madalena Alves, and composed by:
– António M. Cunha, President of Norte Portugal Regional Coordination and Development Commission, as Representative of the Portuguese participating entities;
– Dava Newman, Director MIT Media Lab; Apollo Program Professor of Astronautics at MIT and Harvard-MIT Health, Sciences, and Technology faculty member, as MIT senior administration representative;
– Isabel Furtado, CEO of TMG Automotive, as Portuguese Industry Representative;
– Maria Zuber, Vice President for Research at MIT, as MIT senior administration representative;
– Paulo Ferrão, Professor at Instituto Superior Técnico (IST), as Representative of the Portuguese participating entities;
– Richard K. Lester, MIT Associate Provost for International Activities, as MIT senior administration representative.
The meeting started with the welcome notes of Madalena Alves, and was followed by the presentation of the MIT Portugal activity report by the invited MIT Portugal Directors (Doug Hart; John Hansman; Zita Martins, and Pedro Arezes). The PGC reviewed and approved the 2023 annual plan and budget allocation for the proposed activities.