HOST AN MIT STUDENT INTERN
In collaboration with the MIT Portugal, the MIT International Science and Technology Initiatives (MISTI) can help you host a MIT student at your institution.
The MISTI program enables MIT graduate and undergraduate students to have professional experience abroad.
How does MISTI work?
- MISTI program managers recruit MIT students then match each with a host and project.
- Projects are designed to align the skills and interests of the student with the needs of the host.
- MISTI-Portugal offers travel support, accommodation logistics, and cultural preparation events for the students.
- Internships typically last three months during the summer, and also occur throughout the year.
- Upon return, students submit reports and serve as Ambassadors for the MISTI program and the host company or research institute.
- The majority of hosts provide a stipend to cover internship costs.
- Many students continue collaborating with their hosts after completing the internship.
If you are in a company and you would be interested in hosting a MIT student, please contact us ([email protected]) and we will connect you with the MISTI program.
For more information:
My internship at CEiiA was an incredible experience that I would recommend to any student with an open mind and great passion to learn. Working in Portugal allowed me to taste amazing dishes and get well immersed in a whole world of culture while learning the language at the same time. MISTI allowed me to make friends and acquire work skills that I previously didn’t have. I hope more MIT students get to experience Portugal through MISTI as well, and better than I did.
My internship at Secret City Trails in Lisbon, Portugal opened up a door for a much bigger world for me. I got to learn about the histories, the modern life, and the business market of a new place. The unforgettable experience taught me there is always a wide world beyond what I know of, and has left me with many dots to connect in future. I wish I could have the opportunity to participate in the MISTI program more.