Location: room 2-0.24 (former Auditorium B1.12, Campus of Azurém)
Speaker: Filipe de Botton _ LOGOPLASTE co-founder and CEO
“What drives a leader?” This is one of the questions that serve as premise for a series of seminars that seeks to explore and discuss the multiple leadership concepts.
One may identify leadership in different areas of society, from military to politics, economic or even religious. However, in a world as complex as today's that lives at a fast pace and faces mounting challenges, it is imperative to understand a skill that enables us to maximize human potential and overcome these challenges.
In order to exchange ideas about these questions and foster vocational skills, this set of seminars seeks to raise awareness on the different leadership concepts by the voice of some of its most relevant actors. To ensure a broader scope, the talks will cover a range of topics that, although not directly related with leadership in a narrow sense, are undoubtedly involved in their practice.
Registration (free registration, limited seats)
- Born in 1958 and father of 3, Filipe de Botton has a Bachelor's degree in Business Management from "Universidade Católica Portuguesa”.
- Between 1980 and 1992, he represented the following banks in Portugal: Crédit du Nord (France), Banc de Sabadell (Spain), Banque Bruxelles Lambert (Belgium) and Bayerische Hypotheken und Wechselbank (Germany).
- Between 1985 and 1990, Filipe de Botton was a founder and member of the board of Interfinança, a private bank sold to Millennium BCP, and, between 1990 and 1991, he was a founder and member of the board of Fonsecas & Burnay, Sociedade Gestora de Património, which is now part of the BPI group.
- In 1976, he founded Logoplaste with his father and became CEO and main shareholder in 1991. Logoplaste is one of the main European company producing rigid plastic. It has 64 factories in 16 countries – in Europe, NAFTA, Vietnam and Brazil – with sales of around 550 million euros.
- He is a founding member of Norfin the largest Portuguese Real State Fund and Invesfin a Financial Consultant Service Company , where he sits on the Board.
- Filipe de Botton is also involved as a Shareholder and Director in the hotels and resorts sector (hotels in Brazil and in Portugal), ice cream business (Santini), production of wine in Portugal (Logowines), and production of stoneware plates and cups ( Mesacer ) .
- He was voted Businessman of the Year in 2004 by the International Congress of Entrepreneurship and Venture Capital, he won the "Industrial Marketing Personality 2004” award and was voted one of the 4 best "Pioneer Businessmen/Managers in Portugal” in 2014 by “Exame” magazine.
- He is President of the Portuguese Diaspora Council and a French Foreign Trade Advisor.
- He is also President of the CADin Executive Committee.
- He has received awards from the governments of Portugal, France, Brazil and the United Kingdom.
- He was President of the Universidade Católica Portuguesa Alumni from 1989 to 2001, Director of the Hotel da Lapa in Lisbon from 1990 to 1994 and member of the board of Sporting Clube de Portugal between 2006 and 2009.
- From March 2018 Member of the Board of Universidade Nova de Lisboa