MIT Portugal at Encontro Ciência 2022
Lisbon Congress Center
On May 17, the MIT Portugal will host a session at Encontro de Ciência 2022, which will take place from 16 to 18 May at Lisbon Congress Center. MIT Portugal Program will participate in this science and technology summit to show and discuss how Research and Industry can work together and the benefits of this collaboration for Portugal’s socioeconomic competitiveness. Free registration!!
The session will be livestreamed here
May 17, 2022 | Auditorium 2- 3:30 pm – 5:00 pm
Linking Research and Industry
It is in the core of the MIT Portugal Program (MPP) to foster collaborative research with different stakeholders. Universities, research institutes, laboratories and companies are brought together in joint projects that aim to tackle complex challenges that our society is facing nowadays. The Flagships projects promoted by MPP and funded by Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia (FCT) and Agência Nacional de Inovação (ANI), are an excellent example of this approach. These projects are led by an industrial partner and bring together researchers working in academia and industry. How can we further promote organic and dynamic interactions between different stakeholders? How can we create communication channels between research centres and industry, so that both parts can benefit from these interactions? Do we need to create more mechanisms to enhance transfer of technology? What do our industries need from our universities?
In this session, we will discuss with MIT Portugal partners how Research and Industry can work together towards a common goal.
3:30 pm (PT) | Welcome Notes
– Pedro Arezes, MPP National Director
– Doug Hart, MPP Co-Director at MIT
3:40 pm (PT) | Roundtable
– João Faria, dstgroup
– Elazer Edelman, Edward J. Poitras Professor in Medical Engineering and Science at MIT; Director of the Institute for Medical Engineering and Science at MIT [REMOTE]
– André Matos, CEO DTx – Digital Transformation CoLAB
– David Braga Malta, MPP Alumnus,Founder of LiMM, Cell2B and BoostPharma [REMOTE]
Moderator: Zita Martins, MPP National Co-Director
4:40 pm (PT) | Final Remarks
– Zita Martins, MPP National Co-Director
– John Hansman, MPP Co-Director at MIT