Blue Origin Payload Competition 2020 - Round 2
Monday, March 23, 2020, 12:00 am
The MIT Portugal 2nd NanoLab Student Payload Competition was launched in January 2020 as an opportunity for Portuguese university students to work with MIT teammates to design a nano-experiment to fly with Blue Origin’s New Shepard rocket.
Current phase: We are currently on Second round (with MIT team members input) due April 23, 2020.
- Biofilm bioreactor with Hydrogel bead supports for space wastewater treatment : Petar Kekovic (IST); Becca Browder and Morgan Blevins (MIT); Professor Mentor: Frederico Castelo Ferreira
- Lab on Paper At Micro-G – Akmaral Suleimenova and Ana Carolina Marques (UNL); Mehak Sarang (MIT);Professor Mentor: Dr Elvira Fortunato; Dr Goreti Sales
- Mechanical and Biological Responses of Tendon under Microgravity conditions – Ana Cristina Marques and Mariana Silva (UMinho); Rachel Bellisle and Thomas Joseph Abitante (MIT); Professor Mentor: Filipe Samuel Silva
- MiFiRE – Vitor Martins; Ivan Sá; Ana Caldeira; Maria Marques (FCUP); Cody Paige (MIT); Professor Mentor: Rui Moura
- Thin Films of Ionic Liquids in Microgravity Systems – Ricardo Martins Campos (FCUP); Jess Eve Todd (MIT); Professor Mentor: Luís Santos
Please visit the MIT Portugal’s Blue Origin competition website for further info.