The Program’s selection process is carried out by professors from Portuguese institutions involved in each degree, together with their MIT counterparts.
- Bioengineering Systems PhD
- Leaders for Technical Industries PhD
- Sustainable Energy Systems PhD
- Transportation Systems PhD
- Bioengineering Systems Executive Masters
- Complex Transport Infrastructure Systems MSc
- Sustainable Energy Systems : Diploma of Advanced Education (University of Porto) &
Executive Masters (University of Lisbon)
- Technology Management Enterprise Executive Masters
The following factors are evaluated in the review of each application:
- Academic grades
- Professional CV
- Motivation letter
- Interview (evaluation of candidates may involve an interview in English, which may take place in person or via videoconference/Skype)
- Reference letters
A GRE exam may be submitted by the candidate for evaluation, but is not mandatory.
If the candidate does not agree with the evaluation of the Selection Committee of the PhD Program, the candidate has a deadline of 10 days (work days), after the announcement through e-mail, to present a complaint in the terms of the Código do Procedimento Administrativo (Code of Administrative Procedure), via e-mail. Upon the final decision of the Selection Committee an appeal can be submitted by the candidate to the Directive Board, during the 15 work days after notification
Candidates for the Transportation Systems PhD and CTIS courses should review the guidelines for prioritization of candidates based on GRE scores.