Call For Posters
The MIT Portugal 2019 Annual Conference seeks posters submissions that showcase work related to the strategic research areas of MIT Portugal Program:
- Climate Science & Climate Change
- Earth Systems: Oceans to Near Space
- Digital Transformation in Manufacturing
- Sustainable Cities
Presenting the poster at the conference is a great opportunity to establish contact points between Portugal and MIT, as well as trigger ideas for upcoming project calls. The Conference aims to be a place where Portuguese researchers, MIT faculty, and industry members all convene together.
Please read the entire contents of this section carefully before submitting your ABSTRACT. The submission must be done electronically, considering the deadlines presented below.
- Use this abstract template
- The abstract must be one-page only
- The text must be in English
- Submit in .PDF format
The authors need to submit the abstract BEFORE September 8, through the submission platform.
If accepted for the poster presentation, the author should prepare a poster and submit a camera-ready file by September 22nd:
- Please prepare your poster, considering the A0 dimensions (841 x 1189 mm | 33.1 x 46.8 in).
- Design your poster in portrait orientation.
- It is recommended that posters be prepared to be printed on a single sheet.
- The poster design and elements (figures and text) should be readable from a distance of 2 meters.
- Posters must be send by September 22 in .PDF format, in order to be printed by the organization in time for the conference.
- The organization of the posters on the placards is the responsibility of the organization.
The poster submission is performed as a follow-up on the acceptance process in the abstract submission platform. Only authors with accepted abstracts are able to submit the poster version.
- July 19 – September 8, 2019: Single-page abstract submission
- August 1 – September 11, 2019: Notification of results
- September 22, 2019: Camera-ready poster submission
The MIT Portugal 2019 conference uses the EasyChair platform to collect all abstracts submissions. This ensures a systematized follow-up process and no loss of correspondence.
Are you a student?
If you are a student, you might be eligible for a student sponsorship to attend the conference. read more