To remain competitive globally, companies need to be innovative. Becoming a MIT Portugal Industrial Affiliate gives companies the opportunity to access internationally-recognized experts, innovative technology, unique research opportunities. Innovation is a key factor in attaining and maintaining competitive advantage.
Through innovation, firms can:
- not only keep pace with industry changes, but become leaders in introducing changes for other firms in their industries to follow;
- develop more competitive products and processes;
- create and adopt the most advanced research, technology development, and management practices; and
- attract and retain outstanding professionals.
On an institutional level, Industrial Affiliates in the MIT Portugal Program will benefit through:
- access to the best university research programs at both MIT and at top Portuguese universities in the fields of engineering, technology, and business development;
- opportunities to participate in joint or sponsored research with institutions that have an open and fresh perspective on possible solutions to corporations' technological and business issues; and
- opportunities to strengthen their relationships with educational institutions that have extensive experience and a deep understanding of knowledge and technology transfer from leading universities to corporations.
On a personal level, participants will benefit through:
- opportunities to participate in professional networking and knowledge-building events in connection with the program's seminars, conferences, and workshops;
- opportunities to participate in professional development and executive education programs designed to enhance the ideas, thinking, knowledge, and skills of key executives;
- access to the best students in their fields of research as a source of future executive and engineering talent; and
- interaction with faculty members who are internationally recognized experts and who are involved in research that is at the forefront of exploring new solutions to tomorrow's engineering and business challenges.