Portugueses Pelo Mundo in Boston with the participation of a MPP PhD
|Tuesday, 07 May 2013 09:42|
Portugueses pelo Mundo is a Portuguese television program at RTP, that show us the reality of Portuguese citizens who live in another country. Each episode corresponds to a different city around the world. On a recent episode, aired first on March 2013 but just recently available online, Portugueses pelo Mundo was in Boston and Vasco Portugal, a MIT Portugal Program PhD candidate, was one of the hosts. With him we got a glimpse of the MIT campus and the laboratories where research is integrated within the markets demands and highly funded by companies. Vasco also showed the prototype he developed of a built-in sidewalk charger for the CityCar now featured at the MIT Media Lab . The innovative and playful teaching methods that characterize MIT were also highlighted during the TV program. But of course the life of a PhD candidate is now just work, and we got to know the best place to best Portuguese restaurants to go when you feel a little bit homesick and also the night life of this wonderful city.
You can access the full program.
- MPP PhDs recognized at Annual conference
- Building Global Innovators Announces 7th Ed. Startup Batch
- MIT Portugal Program has a new national director
- MIT Portugal at "Atlantic Interactions: Knowledge, climate change, space, oceans"
- Energy storage for renewables can be a good investment today - study supported by MIT Portugal
- Portuguese Entrepreneurs to Participate in MIT's International Workshop on Innovating
- Interdisciplinary Research Methods in Technology, Innovation & Policy Studies
- Building Global Innovators - Final call
- MIT Portugal Program showcased at MIT's Open House
- Ana Sofia Silva receives Best PhD Thesis Award from ISASF