Portugueses Pelo Mundo in Boston with the participation of a MPP PhD
|Tuesday, 07 May 2013|
Portugueses pelo Mundo is a Portuguese television program at RTP, that show us the reality of Portuguese citizens who live in another country. Each episode corresponds to a different city around the world. On a recent episode, aired first on March 2013 but just recently available online, Portugueses pelo Mundo was in Boston and Vasco Portugal, a MIT Portugal Program PhD candidate, was one of the hosts. With him we got a glimpse of the MIT campus and the laboratories where research is integrated within the markets demands and highly funded by companies. Vasco also showed the prototype he developed of a built-in sidewalk charger for the CityCar now featured at the MIT Media Lab . The innovative and playful teaching methods that characterize MIT were also highlighted during the TV program. But of course the life of a PhD candidate is now just work, and we got to know the best place to best Portuguese restaurants to go when you feel a little bit homesick and also the night life of this wonderful city.
You can access the full program.
- Smart Solar Water – project developed by MPP PhD candidate - at the EDP Innovation Awards
- Competition FLAD / NSF for Research Networking Programme Portugal / USA 2015
- Researchers from LNEG, IST and MIT Portugal are at the Final stage of the Green Project awards
- MIT Portugal PhD Candidate Is Awarded a Fulbright to Study Energy Efficiency in Buildings.
- Innovation Teams - Final Presentations
- Startup founded by MIT Portugal PhD Candidates was awarded at National Competition
- MIT Portugal Transportation Systems student André Alho receives ELA Award
- Watch the livestream of the 2015 MIT Portugal Annual Conference "Light: Designed by Nature Transformed by Science"
- doDOC, a startup by MIT Portugal alumni, was selected by the highly competitive Techstars Boston
- Professor Joseph Sussman inducted into ITS America Hall of Fame