Portugueses Pelo Mundo in Boston with the participation of a MPP PhD
|Tuesday, 07 May 2013 09:42|
Portugueses pelo Mundo is a Portuguese television program at RTP, that show us the reality of Portuguese citizens who live in another country. Each episode corresponds to a different city around the world. On a recent episode, aired first on March 2013 but just recently available online, Portugueses pelo Mundo was in Boston and Vasco Portugal, a MIT Portugal Program PhD candidate, was one of the hosts. With him we got a glimpse of the MIT campus and the laboratories where research is integrated within the markets demands and highly funded by companies. Vasco also showed the prototype he developed of a built-in sidewalk charger for the CityCar now featured at the MIT Media Lab . The innovative and playful teaching methods that characterize MIT were also highlighted during the TV program. But of course the life of a PhD candidate is now just work, and we got to know the best place to best Portuguese restaurants to go when you feel a little bit homesick and also the night life of this wonderful city.
You can access the full program.
- MPP Director Paulo Ferrão is the new President of FCT
- IE Week Course welcomes MPP 1st year students
- Green Detergents Developed from MIT Portugal Ph.D thesis win the “Green Project Awards”
- MPP alumna awarded with the Scientific Prize Mário Quartin Graça
- Food packages "speak" and help consumers make better-informed, economical & sustainable decisions
- Boston Global Immersion by BGI
- Smart Solar Water – project developed by MPP PhD candidate - at the EDP Innovation Awards
- Competition FLAD / NSF for Research Networking Programme Portugal / USA 2015
- Researchers from LNEG, IST and MIT Portugal are at the Final stage of the Green Project awards
- MIT Portugal PhD Candidate Is Awarded a Fulbright to Study Energy Efficiency in Buildings.