Portugueses Pelo Mundo in Boston with the participation of a MPP PhD
|Tuesday, 07 May 2013|
Portugueses pelo Mundo is a Portuguese television program at RTP, that show us the reality of Portuguese citizens who live in another country. Each episode corresponds to a different city around the world. On a recent episode, aired first on March 2013 but just recently available online, Portugueses pelo Mundo was in Boston and Vasco Portugal, a MIT Portugal Program PhD candidate, was one of the hosts. With him we got a glimpse of the MIT campus and the laboratories where research is integrated within the markets demands and highly funded by companies. Vasco also showed the prototype he developed of a built-in sidewalk charger for the CityCar now featured at the MIT Media Lab . The innovative and playful teaching methods that characterize MIT were also highlighted during the TV program. But of course the life of a PhD candidate is now just work, and we got to know the best place to best Portuguese restaurants to go when you feel a little bit homesick and also the night life of this wonderful city.
You can access the full program.
- Innovation Studies 2015
- The Sixth Building Global Innovators Program Invites Applications through May 24, 2015
- Additive Manufacturing Lisbon Design Challenge 2015
- Tackling the challenges for Mars Exploration- Dava Newman
- Engineering Design Roundtables by MPP EDAM
- Call for Applications - Technological Change and Innovation Professorship
- SEED has won the international Mars One University Competition
- MPP alumna Maria José Pereira recognized by Forbes at the list “30 Under 30” in Healthcare
- Portuguese minister for economy visits MIT
- €400,000 have been awarded to the startup finalists of the Building Global Innovators program 2014