Portugueses Pelo Mundo in Boston with the participation of a MPP PhD
Portugueses pelo Mundo is a Portuguese television program at RTP, that show us the reality of Portuguese citizens who live in another country. Each episode corresponds to a different city around the world. On a recent episode, aired first on March 2013 but just recently available online, Portugueses pelo Mundo was in Boston and Vasco Portugal, a MIT Portugal Program PhD candidate, was one of the hosts. With him we got a glimpse of the MIT campus and the laboratories where research is integrated within the markets demands and highly funded by companies. Vasco also showed the prototype he developed of a built-in sidewalk charger for the CityCar now featured at the MIT Media Lab . The innovative and playful teaching methods that characterize MIT were also highlighted during the TV program. But of course the life of a PhD candidate is now just work, and we got to know the best place to best Portuguese restaurants to go when you feel a little bit homesick and also the night life of this wonderful city.
You can access the full program.
- MIT Portugal PhD student wins the Road Safety Innovation Award by ACP with an alternative solution to road humps
- BCGT Scholarship position at FCT/UNL to manage MIT Portugal Bioengineering doctoral program
- Call for two (2) scholarships within the MIT Portugal Program (University of Coimbra)
- iTeams 2016 edition enabled students to build a go-to-market strategy and to develop state-of-the-art technologies
- Gonçalo Pereira addresses the impact of Donald Trump election on USA climate change policies
- Homage to Steve Connors
- The Portuguese Minister for Science, Technology and Higher Education visits MIT to strengthen scientific and technological cooperation with the United States
- SilicoLife is the World´s 15th most promising biotech startup
- MPP researchers joined the 2016 European Researchers’ Night
- MPP Paper recognized in the Sustainability in Energy and Buildings sector