Portugueses Pelo Mundo in Boston with the participation of a MPP PhD
|Tuesday, 07 May 2013|
Portugueses pelo Mundo is a Portuguese television program at RTP, that show us the reality of Portuguese citizens who live in another country. Each episode corresponds to a different city around the world. On a recent episode, aired first on March 2013 but just recently available online, Portugueses pelo Mundo was in Boston and Vasco Portugal, a MIT Portugal Program PhD candidate, was one of the hosts. With him we got a glimpse of the MIT campus and the laboratories where research is integrated within the markets demands and highly funded by companies. Vasco also showed the prototype he developed of a built-in sidewalk charger for the CityCar now featured at the MIT Media Lab . The innovative and playful teaching methods that characterize MIT were also highlighted during the TV program. But of course the life of a PhD candidate is now just work, and we got to know the best place to best Portuguese restaurants to go when you feel a little bit homesick and also the night life of this wonderful city.
You can access the full program through the link.
- GlucoWise wins Building Global Innovators 4th Ed
- Student Profile: Alexandre Lucas, PhD in Sustainable Energy Systems
- 2014-2015 Call for PhD Scholarships under the Doctoral Programs MIT Portugal - FCT
- Building Global Innovators Grand Finale, 4th Edition
- Applications OPEN for MIT Portugal Program PhD, MSc and Advanced Courses
- Is Silicon Valley over? Gonçalo Amorim opinion article at Canal Superior
- Innovation and entrepreneurship – 1st year PhD students attend specialized course
- Bio-inspired glue keeps hearts securely sealed
- Vasco Portugal discusses his views for 2014 at SIC Noticias
- 2013 Season’s Greetings from MIT Portugal Program