Portugueses Pelo Mundo in Boston with the participation of a MPP PhD
|Tuesday, 07 May 2013|
Portugueses pelo Mundo is a Portuguese television program at RTP, that show us the reality of Portuguese citizens who live in another country. Each episode corresponds to a different city around the world. On a recent episode, aired first on March 2013 but just recently available online, Portugueses pelo Mundo was in Boston and Vasco Portugal, a MIT Portugal Program PhD candidate, was one of the hosts. With him we got a glimpse of the MIT campus and the laboratories where research is integrated within the markets demands and highly funded by companies. Vasco also showed the prototype he developed of a built-in sidewalk charger for the CityCar now featured at the MIT Media Lab . The innovative and playful teaching methods that characterize MIT were also highlighted during the TV program. But of course the life of a PhD candidate is now just work, and we got to know the best place to best Portuguese restaurants to go when you feel a little bit homesick and also the night life of this wonderful city.
You can access the full program through the link.
- Proceedings of the 4th MIT Portugal Program Conference
- DACHOR - a step closer to commercialisation
- MIT Portugal Director Dava Newman nominated for NASA
- Position Open: Science and Technology Manager
- Researchers at MIT are developing new shrink-wrapping spacesuits
- Risk management award for MPP EDAM alumnus
- MIT launches its MISTI-Portugal program
- Rail Bike Adaptor - Survey
- Sangeeta Bhatia - 2014 Lemelson-MIT Prize Winner
- MIT Portugal Program PhD Candidate Ana Catarina Lima Selected for the Novartis International BioCamp 2014