Portugueses Pelo Mundo in Boston with the participation of a MPP PhD
|Tuesday, 07 May 2013 09:42|
Portugueses pelo Mundo is a Portuguese television program at RTP, that show us the reality of Portuguese citizens who live in another country. Each episode corresponds to a different city around the world. On a recent episode, aired first on March 2013 but just recently available online, Portugueses pelo Mundo was in Boston and Vasco Portugal, a MIT Portugal Program PhD candidate, was one of the hosts. With him we got a glimpse of the MIT campus and the laboratories where research is integrated within the markets demands and highly funded by companies. Vasco also showed the prototype he developed of a built-in sidewalk charger for the CityCar now featured at the MIT Media Lab . The innovative and playful teaching methods that characterize MIT were also highlighted during the TV program. But of course the life of a PhD candidate is now just work, and we got to know the best place to best Portuguese restaurants to go when you feel a little bit homesick and also the night life of this wonderful city.
You can access the full program.
- European Regional Funds support additional Scholarships under the MIT Portugal Doctoral Programs
- Fly Your Thesis! with ESA Education
- MIT Portugal PhD Programs Extend Deadline for Applications
- Transforming the U.S. transportation system by 2050 to address climate challenges
- Building Global Innovators Program Invites Applications
- Team led by MPP student participates in ESA's Spin Your Thesis! Program
- Call for MIT Portugal PhD and Executive Masters is now open
- Eugénio Ferreira is the new Director of CEB
- MPP Director Paulo Ferrão is the new President of FCT
- IE Week Course welcomes MPP 1st year students